- 5:18 am - Sun, Aug 31, 2014
Random Thoughts: August 31st, 2014
I ain’t been right. The following thoughts stemmed from a late night drive/junk food binge.
- That mess in my workspace has finally been cleaned up. I feel better, but I don’t feel better enough…if that makes sense.
- I shouldn’t deal with what ifs, because you can’t change what’s already happened, but I wonder what would’ve happened if I hadn’t ended that date with (name withheld) on a handshake. What if I had taken her up on her invite to come inside? Would we have fucked or made out? Man, I think I could’ve used some casual sex in my life, although it would’ve flown in the face of my somewhat devout Christian lifestyle. I doubt I would’ve smashed a whole lot of honies. Probably would’ve been random hook-ups with women of all ages.
- I’m eating, because I should be doing something else. The past month has been a huge mental block, where I’ve been should’ve been getting this one thing done, but fear of failure/trying has kept me grounded. When I get a flicker of urge to do said thing, I eat or drink instead.
Or I get on the Internet.
- I’ve got six sample boxes of an ADHD drug to try, but I need to finish this MMPI-2 questionnaire first. It may fuck with my personality, and I want the test to be accurate.
- On nights like this, I hit the night in search of fresh air, and a tiny bit of excitement. I look at the night life types outside of Whiskey Dix with a mix of disdain and envy. Disdain, due to the whole bullshit night club experience. Envy, because of the unbridled enthusiasm of the participants. The goal is to have a good time, and maybe get a little somethin’. And if you’re not tired by the end, the pursuit of a good time continues. Man, if you could bottle that shit.
- I’m wondering if I’ll ever get over myself.
Cross-posted at The Place Where Al Dwells…
- 11:16 pm
- 116 notes
Hers and hers Holgas.
Photographer: Jason Fassnacht
Models: Stella Dean and Iona Lynn
How much does this shot rule? Looking at it on my phone initially, it really came off as an optical illusion. Perfectly posed.
- 10:17 pm
- 24 notes
Last night was amazing thanks to my wonderful friends. I’m so glad I have such a wonderful trope of people in my life who cared to celebrate my birthday. Tutu dress was generously provided by Pink Club Wear (www.pinkclubwear.com), bear head loaned from Tiffany aka thebattricycle.
Ferocious birthday girl!
- 10:48 pm - Fri, Aug 29, 2014
- 39 notes
Karla Lane and April Flores, my studio, 2014
Leica Dlux 6
This is probably the most adorable – and most tame – of the shots taken by photosbycoop. Also in the mix, taking her own photos, is the amazing courtneytrouble. I suggest you head over to Coop’s blog and check out the rest. NSFW, of course.
- 3:35 am
- 48 notes
Art For Sale: We’re still experiencing a bit of a financial crisis at the moment while the Eltingville Club work continues to drag on. I should be finishing it up in a few weeks but the summer’s been super tough and we’ve turned to selling art and collectibles to help keep us afloat. We generally sell our art through eBay, for a number of reasons, but it’s a slow process and we figured we’d try something different and see if anything happens.
So: The artwork shown here comes from a variety of books and gigs, all are pen and ink on standard 17” by 15” bristol (mostly Marvel paper, it seems). Some of these are relatively expensive, at least for my stuff, because I’m starting to sell off pages I have always meant to keep, meaning, this is the stuff I like and think is worth a bit.
1) Milk and Cheese: Destroy All Stand-Up - $500
2) Dork #5, Let The Fun Begin -$400
3) Hellboy: Weird Tales -$200
4) Dork #10 Cover - $800
5) Milk and Cheese: Goodbye 1 pg strip - $400
6) Murder Family: April Funeral’s Day pg - $150
7) Eltingville Club: Bread and Suck-Asses Title pg - $500
8) Sim City Urbz Web Comic pg 1 - $150
9) Exhumed Films T-Shirt design - $250
Prices do not include shipping and insurance.
If you’re interested in a page, write to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please feel free to ask about any art you’re interested in that you don’t see here. More art will be on eBay soon, thanks to everyone who’s bid and supported us while I push Eltingville off the ledge.
Won’t you help Evan out? Look at all of this stuff!
- 11:31 pm - Thu, Aug 28, 2014
- 18,556 notes
It’s the best Tumblr Theme in the universe. It’s really versatile. You’ll look great wearing it, and so will your grandmother.
- Choose from Ten Color Schemes designed by Pasquale D’Silva.
- Choose Single Column or Double Column layout.
- Animated gif mascots! Or use your Tumblr avatar, or nothing.
- Highlight a select few friends' blogs.
- Turn most things on or off.
Check out Stellar and more at tumblr.com/themes.
As dope as this theme looks I can’t help but wonder how many of you are actually paying for these things. If I could adapt my portfolio site to use this one, I totally would.
- 8:58 pm
- 1,786 notes
Burn! Burn People!
In honor of our new episode tonight, the Steven Crewniverse is sharing Donuts topped with
Pop Rocks Fire Salt!! Don’t worry- if anyone chokes, we’ll save them before they burn down CN Studios.
Made by Christy Cohen
Just watched the new episode with my son, and I immediately knew what was goin’ on in these pictures.